ACTION ALERT --- OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA
VIGIL & RALLY
SUPPORTING HOMEOWNERS IN FORECLOSURE
Organized by the WAMU Chase Homeowners Action Alliance
Friday, March 4th 2011
Noon to end of the foreclosure auction.
Alameda County Courthouse steps
Fallon Street Entrance
1225 Fallon Street (at 14th Street near Lake Merritt)
Oakland, California 94612
The foreclosure crisis is not over. It is not over in Oakland, California or Alameda County or California or the United States of America. In February 2011 California ranked number one in foreclosures, while Oakland ranked double the national average. In 2010 banks repossessed (foreclosed on) 1,000,000 homes throughout the Alameda County. In 2011 forecasters state that 1,200,000 more homes in America will be lost to foreclosure. These figures represents homes, lives, families, broken dreams and broken promises. No one is bailing our the good decent people.
- Immediate state-wide moratorium on all foreclosures for a period of 6 months.
- Mandatory meaningful and sustainable loan modifications
- Mandatory principal reduction and meaningful sustainable loan modifications.
- Prosecution of the perpetrators of fraud on every level.
- Protections for the victims of bank fraud and malfeasance.
- End foreclosures while a loan is in a modification process.
- Restitution in cases where homes have been fraudulently confiscated.
Bring your signs, banners, good will, prayers. Let our voices be heard.